Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daily Teachings, Bad Situations & Good Positive Choices

I have to share with you today's Daily Teaching of The Secret. It says: We are all entirely free to choose whatever we want. The power is in your hands now, and YOU are the one who chooses how to use that power in your own life. You can choose: To have a happier life today, or put it off until tomorrow. What feels better? You choose.

Reading this makes me wonder why people who are not happy in certain situations just continue to stay there. The answer behind this: because they choose to. People choose to be in their awful stressful job. They also choose to stay in unhealthy relationships. Others just complain or find excuses to why they are either over or under weight. Some complain constantly about their lack of money or how they are always sick. Are they not getting the fact that the more they think negative things the more negative things they will bring into their life? I do not find this concept very hard to understand.

Look at every successful person out there, do you think they got where they are because all they did was think negatively? They may have at one time but they chose to turn their life around. Every person has a story, I have blogged about this before. Everyone has stress, everyone goes through times of being unhealthy, over or under weight, lack of self confidence, the feeling of being strapped with no money....EVERYONE. Ok, maybe not a 3 year old...LOL! Their time will come. In this economy I have heard more complaining than I ever had in my entire life. Guess what, it is normal. HOWEVER...you knew I was going to type that......

I have seen, met, talked too many people who have over come some awful circumstances in their life. Between divorce, cancer, losing jobs, losing a baby, losing a loved one, unknown illnesses, bankruptcy and so on. Most of you have experienced at least one of those things or more...including myself which has experienced most of them other than the cancer and unknown illnesses...thank God. I try very hard not to complain even when I am going through situations like those. It is impossible not to vent or complain at all. However, even through the tears, anger and all one is faced with, there is an end. We all need to focus on that. This brings me to yesterdays Daily Teaching:

To change our lives, at some point we have to decide that, rather than suffer anymore, we are going to live in happiness. And the only way we can do that is to make the decision to look for the things to appreciate, NO MATTER WHAT! (did you read that? Basically no matter how sad, angry or confused you may be, no matter how horrible the situation seems.....LOOK FOR THINGS TO APPRECIATE!) Why do you think I end my blogs with the things I am thankful for?

The rest of the teaching was....
As we begin to focus on the good and the brighter side of things, the law of attraction responds by sending back to us the exact photocopy of our new thoughts. And good things begin to appear. And then more good things, and then more......

So, if you find yourself 'stuck' in any situation it is because you are choosing to stay there. It doesn't matter if you are staying 'stuck' for reasons of what others will think, or the fear of what lies ahead for you.....whatever....you are still choosing to stay 'stuck'. You can come up with any excuse in the book to make staying in that situation easier...but it only lasts so long. It doesn't matter if it is your health, money, relationship, weight...it can all be changed if you choose to change it. Once again I will write it...it all starts with one positive thought. To me, that isn't that hard.

I just had a customer in here tell me how sweet I am and how much of an inspiration I am to her. I have been hearing this a lot lately and it makes me feel like I am helping so many people in need. This customer has been through very similar situations as myself so I passed on The Secret to her. Immediately I saw a change in her for the better. Each time she comes in, she is smiling, life isn't as bad as it used to be, and everything that is still negative in her life....she turns into a positive thing. Not many people can do that. She just shared with me today that it would have been her wedding anniversary today, instead she was getting divorce papers in the mail. Of course she feels that her ex did this on purpose. However, she turned it around and said, "It's all good and I AM ok." How awesome is that? Here is a woman that is now a single mom of two, doesn't like her job and is living with her parents. Still she is able to look ahead and know that she will be ok. She left with the smile on her face saying that she will be back because she loves coming here. Most of you know that I do not take compliments well. I am working on this. I do feel wonderful to be able to be an inspiration to people who will allow me to be.

What I am thankful for today:
my customers
people who inspire me
the Daily Teachings
positive thinking
Cheryl for taking Makenna to the park today
positive conversation
standing in the rain with Jenny
the new book Jenny let me borrow
the Grateful journal that Jenny bought me
a good night's rest last night
staying healthy
my store
music
laughter
a good night's rest tonight
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment