Sunday, March 8, 2009

A WOW Moment

It was so warm the last two days that I decided to take my dog for a walk when I got home from work today. It had stopped raining, not that it mattered. Deigo and I have walked in the rain before. The little man was so exited peeing on everything, sniffing as he ran. I am so proud of him for remembering to sit at each cross walk. I taught him that in the fall. We were 15 minutes into our walk when he started jumping at my legs and wanted me to carry him. Looks like I am not the only one out of shape...LOL!

The reason for this blog was because on our walk, something amazing happened. What you must know first is that Christmas is a very tough time for me because my grandmother loved Christmas and she is no longer here. When I attend the Christmas Eve service at church, I cannot get through the song Silent Night. My grandmother used to sing in the choir and I could always see and hear her from where we sat. It has been a very long time since I have heard her sing. I remember a lot of the church services hearing her voice. Especially when her health was not that great and she had to sit with us in the pews.

Today as I was walking, the clock in Hellertown started chiming church songs. There were three that I remembered as a child. I closed my eyes (still aware of where I was walking), and I could hear my grandmothers voice singing the words. Honestly I could not remember the words on my own. It was amazing that something I have been longing to hear for years now was happening at this moment. Tears came to my eyes, as I thanked her for that WOW moment. I know she is with me all of the time.

Today I am thankful for:
WOW moments
Time to walk with my dog
My health
My creativity
Bryers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
Time with my children
Moments with my grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment