Monday, February 28, 2011

Funk Time

What to write... Do I even want to write? Maybe writing will help me get things off my chest without disrupting someone elses peace. Everyone knows I do not like to complain. I try very very hard to keep things to myself. What is the sense of making someone else feel like crap just because I do? LOL!

I am calling this my 'funk time'. It has been a very long time since I have felt this way. Not only has everyone in my family shared endless germs with each other but the germs do not seem to stay away, at least for very long. Both of my kids are sick again. And, I am still what Ann calls 'snotalicious' going on my 4th week. To sum it up I am tired. Because things at the gym are hectic right now, I went to work probably way to soon after being sick. Heather really needs all the help she can get. And I really do not want to see her even more crazy at work than she already is. I did take off tomorrow to be with my children. Linda says, "Make it a mental health day for yourself." My response.."HECK YES!" Ann is covering for me, thankfully.

I feel like things are hitting me from all directions lately. At least my store is going extremely well even though I feel very overwhelmed with all the responsibilities at times. I do love it and would not give it up for the world. Every week we get at least 2 new customers.

The gym, well it is a touchy subject right now. A very dear friend of mine may lose his job due to a bad decision. Makenna actually cried when I told her. I cried too. Just the other day I was thinking about how blessed I am that God brought into my life so many people who make me laugh and feel so good. Then for this to happen just makes me sad. At this moment I have no idea what will happen. Only time will tell.

Craig is having major issues with Gavin which ended up involving me last week. It was the worst situation between Gavin and Craig that has ever happened. Although things are definitely not where they should be with the two of them, I think they are on the right path. However, hearing my son cry himself to sleep for 3 hours was heartbreaking.

Today at work I actually spent the day alone. I cleaned the free cycling room which took me well over an hour and a half. No matter how much I prayed during that time and no matter what I did to try to get myself out of this funk, nothing seemed to work. All I wanted to do was come home. Being there right now is just so different.

Tomorrow my goal is to rest. I am not going to do anything, for the first time ever! LOL! I could enter some more challenges but I think I need the day to just 'be'. It is said that God communicates with us the most during quiet time. Maybe He is trying to tell me something that I just cannot hear?

What I am thankful for today:
time
money
friendship
sunshine
laughter
love
advil
hot showers
music
scrapbooking challenges
The Center
the bowl-a-thon
movies
sleep
my children
my pets
my friends
my family
spring being only 1 month away

No comments:

Post a Comment