Monday, November 1, 2010

A Day to do Nothing?

Taking a day to do nothing feels so wrong to me. But I have decided that today, besides working on my meetup site and scheduling classes on facebook, and doing laundry I am just not going to rush to do much of anything. I tried to work on my website and Go Daddy is just not working today. Maybe I will get up the motivation to work on my newsletter. Just wish I had a decent picture of my class on Thursday before I did that. We will see.

This cold weather has me in a funk. This usually happens to me, Miss Summer. LOL! Gavin and I had a great time at the shelter on Saturday. We did have an upsetting experience when we got to the lower building though. We were completely mauled by cats when we walked in. I mean they were jumping on us and holding on with all claws. Something was not right. After a few moments of giving them attention then looking around to see the issues...it was apparent that these cats had not been given any water. Gavin turned on the sink and 10 cats jumped in. One cat drank so much water and ended up throwing it all up because she drank too much too fast. I was disappointed that these cats were left this way. Expressing my concerns, I know this matter will be dealt with and right away. If I had more time I would get to the shelter more often to help out. I know how hard it must e to take care of 450 cats. Now if we could only make more people aware of how important it is to spay and neuter their pets!?!?!?! The shelter will do the surgery, get them up to date on shots, and microchip them for only $75. Much cheaper than the vet.


I have to say that I am happy that Halloween is over. I am highly looking forward to Thanksgiving. Not sure how that is panning out yet since Jeremy and my family are both hosting something that they would like us to attend.

I have so much I could write about but do not know where to start. So, I am closing.

What I am thankful for today:

my friends
my children
Shawn
my pets
the shelter
being on the Shelter Cat & Pocket Pet Committee at The Center for Animal Health & Welfare
inspirations
playing games with my kids
pumpkin seeds
my store
hot tea
coffee
twix (ate three this morning)
the gym (see above)
taking classes with Jennifer G
Thankful Thursdays
my Avon Fairy
Thanksgiving
clean laundry
money
hope
faith
laughter
love
church
God
the power of prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment