Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waiting on an Angel

I heard this song for the first time the other day and it made me think back to darker days of my life. No, it doesn't make me think of the bad times. It is just the fact that there were so many songs that I listened to back then that either related to my life or were inspirations. This is one I would have listened to often if I were to have heard it back then. It is called Waiting on an Angel by Ben Harper:

Waiting on an angel
one to carry me home
hope you come to see me soon
cause I don't want to go alone
I don't want to go alone
Now angel won't you come by me
angel hear my plea
take my hand lift me up
so that I can fly with thee
so that I can fly with thee
And I'm waiting on an angel
and I know it won't be long
to find myself a resting place
in my angel's arms
in my angel's arms
So speak kind to a stranger
cause you'll never know
it just might be an angel come
knockin' at your door
knockin' at your door
And I'm waiting on an angel
and I know it won't be long
to find myself a resting place
in my angel's arms
in my angel's arms
Waiting on an angel
one to carry me home
hope you come to see me soon
cause I don't want to go alone
I don't want to go alone
don't want to go
I don't want to go alone

Now with my angels making their presence known, I know that I am not alone. They are carrying me through life. I have made an analogy for myself which I have blogged about before. I think of myself as a butterfly. Where once I felt insecure, scared and ugly, I have changed to feeling secure with myself, courageous, and beautiful. Every day I am learning more and more of who I am and who I want to be. I am finally content with the person I have become. Thanks to life lessons and those who have followed me throughout my life, even those who have come and gone.....I have developed a sense of self worth and hope for my future. I pray that everyone knows that they deserve the best life possible and that they do not settle for anything less than the best for themselves. This is in no way being selfish. We have to be fulfilled within in order to shine and make anyone else happy.

Be open to the signs your angels show you and know that you are never alone throughout life's journey. And, be positive and have faith that your life is going to unfold just as you want it to.

Click on the title of this blog to see the video on Youtube.com.

What I am thankful for today:
music
my angels
my friends
the power to love myself
laughter
funny movies
long talks
the power of prayer
The Healing Place (another great session yesterday!)
Jim Carey
new customers
quality time alone today
my children
the movie The Wedding Date (watched it twice today)
the sunshine
rainbows
butterflies
flowers
creativity
inspiration
love

6 comments:

  1. Love your colour combo!! And that title font is fab!! Thanks for playing along with us at STM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!! And i absolutely love the scrapping the music challenge for this week! Thanks for the talk today too!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics and the colours on your STM page. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours on your STM LO!!! Love your design! Thank you for playing along with us at STM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet layout! Love to see your work at STM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that song!!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeee the LO U made for STM this week!!! Those photos are soooooooooooooooo PRECIOUS and love love love love love the colors!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete