Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Melinda and the Scrapping the Music Song for This Week

My intention was to blog about my day yesterday with Melinda and the kids but I am only going to touch a little about it. Yesterday was awesome. I look up to Melinda and her husband so much. I admire everything about them. Not only are they very successful business people but they have an amazing relationship. With their strong faith in God, the way they raise their children, the amazing way they communicate with each other, the trust they have in one another, and the fact that they are truly best friends.....only makes me want what they have. Out of every couple I know, I admire them the most. They honestly treat each other as an equal.

Alyssa and I played Wii Fit and had a blast! Josh and Alyssa have turned out to be such wonderful children. They are fun, helpful, considerate and very well rounded. I love that they are so willing to try just about anything and have SO much motivation. They are so much like their parents. The entire family is so giving and so grateful. I am so thankful and blessed to have them as a part of my and my kids life.

Anyway, my blog is about this awesome new song that is the Scrapping the Music Challenge. It was brought to my attention when one of the team members left a comment under my last blog. She said that because of my life, I will be able to relate to this song tremendously. It makes me feel really good to know that I can be an inspiration to people I have never even met just from them reading my blog. I read the lyrics and she was right on.

More Beautiful You
Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine
Says she wants to look that way
But her hair isn't straight her body isn't fake
And she's always felt overweight

Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see
That beauty is within your heart
And you were made with such care your skin your body and your hair
Are perfect just the way they are

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you

Little girl twenty-one the things that you've already done
Anything to get ahead
And you say you've got a man but he's got another plan
Only wants what you will do instead

Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come
You starve yourself to play the part
But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true
And he'll treat you like the jewel you are

So turn around you're not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It's not too late you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear they can all be washed away
By the one who's strong can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light He will show you truth
And again you'll see through the eyes of a little girl


WOW. I was always one as a teen to feel fat, not good enough, and so on. As a young adult I always wanted someone to love me because I really didn't love myself. I can TOTALLY relate to this song. I now know that no matter how much someone loves you, if you do not love yourself your relationship will never work. Finally after 36 years, I do love myself. No it is not in a conceited way. I love that I am able to give more, love more, laugh more and still feel fulfilled inside. My friends stick around because of my positive energy and willingness to give. They stay by my side because I am a selfless person who loves to love and constantly shows gratitude. Because they are like me, I chose to stay by their side as well. It is a give-give situation. I do not call my friends only when I feel I need them. At this point in my life I do not feel in need of anything. It is nice to be able to want something and not feel that you NEED it. It is nice to not have attachments to things or people but instead admire them. I WANT my friends in my life and I know they know that. I am very blessed to have so many wonderful, inspiring people to be surrounded by. My children are blessed as well to be surrounded by many people who love them. If they see Mommy showing gratitude and feeling love within, they will learn to love themselves and be thankful as well.

What I am thankful for today:
A wonderful weekend with Jamie
time with Melinda and the kids yesterday
Melinda and Marty
the ability to love myself
my children and their health and happiness
Judy's card class tonight
my courage
the ability to want and not need
having a Queen sized bed all to myself
feeling content
the love I feel from my children and my friends
appreciation
Diane and Rudy (another couple I admire greatly)
being able to spend so much time with my children
self healing
the ability to live my life the best way I know how
knowing that time heals and that everything happens for a reason
the peacefullness I feel within that grows every day
my health
the safety of my children and myself
Realizing that God made me perfect in his eyes and people will love me just the way I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I agree with you!! I love this song and it took me a long time to love myself as well and you are a part of that! And i want to thank you!! I am very blessed that you are in my life!!

    love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO about a beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete