Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fear & Depression

My daily teaching today is: When you are afraid of something happening, by law you attract it, although fortunately it takes real focus and persistent fear to bring it to you. The amount of emotion you invest in not wanting something to happen is powerful. At the same time it is also impossible to bring what you want when you hold so much fear about the outcome you don't want.

Remove your personal investment of fear from what you don't want to happen, and now use that powerful energy and direct it to what you want.

No matter what you have been thinking or feeling, your power to create something new is NOW.

Well, it is time to get rid of any fear I have, huh? As I think about it I am so not fearful of anything right now. I know that God has a wonderful life in store for me. All I need to do is keep the faith and believe. I liked this teaching and wanted to share it since we all know what it is like to have fear.

A perfect example of this happening is my friend Shawn. For the past couple of months he has been very fearful of his health and his depression. Although his intentions are good in wanting to get better, his fear took over. He is depressed again and suffering very badly from it. Thankfully he has me to understand what he is going through and he still continues to call me even though he is avoiding all of his other friends. I am the only one who doesn't judge him, criticize him, or put him down. And, because he feeds off my positive energy he does feel like a new person when he is done talking to me. However, this is something that he needs to go to his doctor for. It will not bother me if I have to drag him there. I know he wants to be better and I know all he needs is support from someone who understands. And, I also know that he will not be angry with me because he knows that I will only do what is best for him.

My take on all of this is to turn your fear into positive thoughts. Or, say a prayer and ask God to relieve you of your fears and fill you up with positive thoughts. It has worked for me.

What I am thankful for today:
My full class going on as I write
the ladies laughing
my surprise party last night (thank you ladies!)
Carvel ice cream cake
my busy weekend
my friends
creativity
positive influences
laughing so hard that my stomach hurts
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Dvd's
my courage
my strength
Heat Miser (HA HA HA!)
the birthday presents from my friends
my children
time to scrapbook on Saturday with my gals
Diane for watching Makenna for a little yesterday while I ran PartyLite books around town.
PartyLite

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! Love the colour...love that guitar shape!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at stm!

    ReplyDelete