Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today is a GREAT day!


Makenna went to bed last night at 9pm and woke up this morning at 9:45am. It was a wonderful night of rest for everyone in the Musser house. Makenna is once again teething. This should be the last of it. Believe it or not, she is still in a good mood....with a couple wishy washy moments when she gets upset over silly things. Thankfully she is easily snapped out of it. Today is going to be a great day because she is feeling well rested and I am going to make today a great day!

I sometimes end my emails with Make today a GREAT day. It is a saying that my friend Jen from PartyLite uses. I love that saying because we are totally in control of what are day entails. Yes, crap happens but it is our attitude that we need to adjust when it does. I firmly believe that if you start the day off on the wrong foot, it doesn't mean that your entire day will go that way. It will if you have the attitude, "Oh great this is the way my entire day will go!" Why, because you are telling yourself that it will. Try telling yourself that it is going to get better.

A while back I woke up with a major headache, not enough sleep, and it was a rainy cold day. Makenna woke up early and cranky and of course my first thought was.....HERE WE GO! This day is going to suck! Something clicked in my head and I thought, "No, it doesn't have to continue this way and it isn't going to." I got Makenna her breakfast, took some Advil, sat down and said to myself, "I want to have a great day. I want Makenna to be in a better mood, I want to be free from this headache and I want to be on time for work." I also relaxed and took deep breaths about 5 times. Don't worry I didn't pass out. LOL! My frame of mind went from crabby and not feeling great to feeling a lot better. My day went wonderful! Makenna was happy, my headache was gone, the sun came out, I had new customers in my store.....everything went wonderful. Now I could have just gone with my day being crappy and let more crappy things happen by staying negative but I chose not too. Even if something happened to set me back a little, because of my frame of mind, it didn't bother me. We are in control of our lives, completely. We all can choose to make today a GREAT day. Or, we can sit and complain and get comfortable staying negative so that our day continues down a negative path. What is your choice?

What I am thankful for:
Spring
the sun
the spring flowers
the power to change my mood
the warmer weather today
the fact that today is going to be a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is soooo beautiful!!! I love your Dream On layout!!! What a cutie!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM this week!!!

    ReplyDelete