Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Productiveness & Poop!


Wow, I am blogging while listening to my playlist and I LOVE the lyrics to Amazing from Aerosmith. "Life's a journey, not a destination" and "you have to learn to crawl, before you learn to walk". HOW TRUE! I remember wanting to jump right into owning my Bed and Breakfast dream job but now I know the importance of taking things slowly. Someday Scrapbookin'g Inn will be an Inn and I am so thankful for what I have already!! Gotta remember that line and all those people that say......you have got to take baby steps. And, life is totally a journey. We need to appreciate it all the way!

As you can see, my spirits are lifted. I am coming off of a very productive day. I made a point this morning to take 2 and a half hours and play with Makenna. Maybe it is me seeing her next to a baby that made me realize how big she is getting. And, I feel I have been so busy that I am missing out on her growing up. So, I took this morning and sat on the floor with her. We put puzzles together, we played legos, we raced throughout the house, etc, We did not have the TV on, the computer on, or any distractions. When she was at the point of wanting to play on her own, I started my chores. Because I did nothing on Monday, I was a little behind. I didn't get a lot done because I had to be at the store by noon. However, I managed to get the first floor vacuumed, respond to all my emails, put the dishes in the dishwasher, and start the wash. I also managed to get two huge bags of clothes together for Missy's kids that were Gavin's. I went through all of Makenna's drawers, closet and shelves and got rid of a ton of stuff that I posted on Craig's List. Then came my closet....ugh! Let me tell ya, I got a large, clear leaf bag full of clothes to give to Good Will. Instead of looking at it as my closet is empty, I am looking at it as, here is room for my new wardrobe. That is something I have been wanting a needing for a while now. I guess you can say that my morning was very productive.

At work, it just seemed as though I had endless projects that I just could not pick one to focus on. So, I worked a little on each one. When I got home this evening, I finished 4 loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher, and cleaned the full bathroom...all except the tub. It was nice to have energy and to accomplish so many things that were left undone.

You know how people have anal little tendencies....well I have a few. Maybe you will find humor in them. First, I absolutely have to change my bed sheets once a week. Sometimes, time gets away from me and it ends up being a few days over. I do not beat myself up about it. Next, I vacuum at least once a week. I cannot stand seeing ANYTHING on my carpet. That is very hard to achieve when you have pets and children. The silliest things are, that I cannot go to bed if there are dishes in the sink or laundry that needs to be put away. I do not care if it is 4am....I cannot put myself in a relaxed state of mind knowing there are those two things left undone. LOL! If the dishwasher needs to be emptied in order to get the sink emptied, than I empty it! I am not sure if it is old food being left in the sink or how crappy it looks that bothers me. When it comes to the laundry, if it isn't put away I feel that I didn't finish the chore. Does that make sense? I know I could never have a maid since I love the feeling of accomplishing what I can. Besides, I have much better intentions for my money. It would be nice to have a little more help though.

So, big news....Makenna finally POOPED! Mommy had to step up to the plate and insert a suppository. Believe it or not, it was not that bad. Makenna didn't seem to care much either....thank GOD! What had me cracking up is that she tooted after having it in for about 10 minutes, and it fell out! HA HA HA HA HA HA! She then sat down to pee and before you know it out came the long awaited poopy!! I don't think I was ever so happy over poop! LOL! Makenna was so excited that it came out with no effort at all. I know she is feeling much better now......so am I!

Tonight I am thankful for:
My new Avon online store
Makenna finally pooping!!
Room in my closet
Energy
Music
My store
My now working washing machine
My health
My neighbor Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment