Saturday, March 14, 2009

10,000 Step Challenge


In April, I am going to start a 10,000 step challenge in my store. I know a lot of people do the Biggest Loser contests with work and such. So, I thought this would be a fun and creative way to help my customers achieve their goal weight. Here is what is going to take place...

I will host a class on how to make a Grateful Jar. At this class you will get all the supplies needed to make the jar plus the instruction. In this jar will be tags and a pedometer. I will take your picture so that you can either frame it or put it into a scrapbook page as your before picture. You will start wearing the pedometer the very next day. Every night before bed, you will check your pedometer and log on your tags how many steps you took that day. And, you will write on the tag things that you are grateful for as well as being grateful for all the steps you took.

The challenge is to take 10,000 steps a day. If you do not reach your 10,000 steps, you will put $1.00 into an envelope. You will put $1.00 into the envelope every single night that you do not achieve your 10,000 steps. You can either hold on to the envelope, or bring it into the store once a week for me to throw into the WINNER'S POT. At the end of a three month span, whoever took the most steps will win the money in the WINNER'S POT. This challenge is for anyone who is willing to participate. At the end of this challenge I will take individual pictures for your after shot to place into your scrapbook or picture frame. Everyone will get a certificate and I will have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

After going off my depression medication I have become the heaviest I have ever been in my life without being pregnant. Because of this, I have decided to try something fun. My friend Jenny and I have been challenging each other to see who can take the most steps in one day. It is said that when you take 10,000 steps a day, you are getting adequate exercise. This has been a huge challenge for me since I sit a lot at work. In fact, I have been wearing this pedometer for 5 days now and only twice have I hit 10,000 steps! I also put into effect The Secret. I found a picture of myself when I was going to the gym 3 times a week....11 years ago when I had no kids, and a lot more time and money. I was 115 pounds. I am putting this picture next to my bed where I lay my pedometer. I will focus on this picture and my goal weight number (115) every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. When I close my eyes, I try to feel the way I would feel if I looked this way again. I want to look the way I did when I was able to hit the gym on a regular basis. This would be a good idea for anyone who wants to achieve their goal weight. If you do not have a picture, make one up in your head. Oh, and the biggest thing is, you HAVE to get rid of your scale. And, be thankful for the body you are going to receive.

I cannot wait to see the faces of all those people who lose weight and feel good. Not only will you lose weight but you could win some money! The best part is that you will learn how wonderful it is to be grateful and how being grateful only brings more wonderful things into your life.

What I am thankful for today:
This quote that I received today: Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal. -Elbert Hubbard
My weight
My store
My friends, family and children
Each and every new day
Spring being right around the corner!
That bikini that I WILL look good in this summer

No comments:

Post a Comment